I Was Wrong
- I underestimated the Bengals’ intelligence. They are fully aware of how bad they are.
- My hatred of the Steelers clouded my judgment in picking Houston to cover. Pittsburg looked good. Houston did not. But on a positive note, Andre Johnson still caught 10 balls for 112 yards.
- Tennessee is better than I realized.
- The Lions made that rookie look good.
- Matt Hasselbeck can’t throw to himself.
- The gap between the Cowboys and Browns is significant.
- Why did I talk myself into changing my Packers-Vikings pick?
I Was Right
- The Jets covered, but let’s see them against a real team.
- Based on my trade of Tom Brady for Joseph Addai last week, you’d think I had a crystal ball.
- The Saints and Reggie Bush are ready for a rebound.
- Ditto for Jake Delhomme and the Panthers.
- The Rams still don’t care.
- I’m just happy the Cardinals and Forty-Niners are in the Seahawks’ division.
- Al Davis is on death’s door…and Mike Shanahan still hates him. And that Eddie Royal looks like this year’s Marques Colston.
Thank you Captain Obvious
"He was in a lot of pain. When you hear a scream, you know that," Kansas City safety Bernard Pollard said of the hit that landed Tom Brady on Injured Reserve.
And now, on to the week 2 games and my prediction for the Vegas lines:
1 p.m. EDT Games
Saints at Redskins
In spite of being beat soundly by the Giants, I think the Redskins will be competitive in most games. Jason Campbell will only get better the more time he spends with Jim Zorn. Saints -2.
Bills at Jaguars
The Bills look solid and the Jaguars have injury problems on the o-line. Pick ‘em.
Colts at Vikings
Peyton Manning won’t stay rusty for long; and Tavaris Jackson will never be Peyton Manning. Colts -4.
Packers at Lions
Aaron Rodgers definitely surprised me, as did the Lions and their ineptitude versus the Falcons. Packers -6.
Titans at Bengals
The Titans will sack Carson Palmer cinco to ocho times. Titans -3.
Raiders at Chiefs
Who caressssss. Chiefs -3.
Bears at Panthers
Both looked to be in 2005 form last week. At least the Bears don’t have to worry about Steve Smith this week. Panthers -3.5.
Giants at Rams
Giants get an early bye week. Giants -6.5
4 p.m. EDT Games
Forty-Niners at Seahawks
With Seneca Wallace playing wide receiver, two quarterbacks are better than one. Seahawks -2.
Chargers at Broncos
Vegas worries about another slow start for the Chargers. Broncos -4.5
Ravens at Texans
Still need to watch the Ravens week 1 game. Ravens -1.
Falcons at Buccaneers
Are the Falcons that good or the Lions that bad? Buccaneers -4.
Patriots at Jets
Brady-less Patriots are still a better team, in spite of the Jets improvement. Jets -1.5.
Dolphins at Cardinals
The Dolphins look improved. Cardinals -4.5
Sunday Night Football
Steelers at Browns
A let-down alert for the Steelers and a bounce-back focus for the Browns are in effect for this game. Vegas doesn’t care. Steelers -3.
Monday Night Football
Eagles at Cowboys
Eagles come off their extra bye week and run into a tough Dallas team. Cowboys -5.